Tuesday 11 November 2014

Nativity 3, Dude Where's My Donkey

On Sunday we were so lucky to get the opportunity to watch the Nativity 3 Premier at The Odeon Cinema, at the Trafford Centre Manchester. The Premier supported The Save The Children Christmas Jumper Day, so off we went; I in my Christmas jumper ready to watch the film.

When new "teacher" Mr. Shepherd loses his memory in a nasty accident along with the nativity Donkey Archie, the students of St Bernadette's set off on a mission to save the day. Return Mr Shepherds memory, and attempt to get him to New York to marry his fiancĂ©e Sophie and make his daughters Christmas wish come true, by giving her a new mummy. And also discover the whereabouts of Archie.


This is definitely not a film for the serious logical adult, I don't mean that in a negative way; but the story breaks every rule of logic and normality. It really does require you to leave the serious adult side of you outside the cinema door. 


I sat for the first 10 minutes with my teacher and mum head on thinking, that would never happen, as if a head teacher would not notice that, or what parent in their right mind would allow that. I started to get a little frustrated with myself, I eventually sent the adult in me outside the cinema in disgrace for ruining the film. Whilst I stayed inside with my inner child to enjoy the rest of the movie.

Once in this frame of mind I loved the film, I just adore Mr. Poppy and the chaos he creates everywhere he goes. Every child should have a Mr. Poppy in their life. And every adult should let the hidden Mr. Poppy in them out every now and again. 

The film is filled with new characters and many of my favourite actors/actresses who play fantastic parts. One of my favourite scenes is when Mr. Poppy and the children are trying to explain what Christmas, God and Jesus are. It just all sounds so ridiculous, and so funny.

The film is warm and funny, yet totally crazy and has intermittent outbursts of song all the way through, in fact I have been singing Dude Where’s My Donkey in my head all day. But don't forget my warning leave the responsible adult outside and enjoy the absurdness of it all, if you do you will thoroughly enjoy it, and as for the boys; they laughed all the way through. 

I was lucky enough to receive the tickets a gift, but all opinions are my own.









8 comments:

  1. We are hoping to go and see this - the children have seen the advert and love that there is donkey poo on someones head lol. Thanks for linking up with #TriedTested

    ReplyDelete
  2. My daughter love the first two Nativity films and has watched them over and over again even in summer! I know she will want to see this one soon as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We do too no 1 is my favourite but loved this one too especially Mr Poppy x

      Delete
  3. I so want to see this film.....It looks so funny!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've only seen the first one. I wanted to go see the second but I was pregnant at the time and I found the cinema really hot and uncomfortable. I'd love to see the third, but I'll have to get the other two on DVD first to refresh my memory/catch up.

    x

    #triedtested

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment, I love to read them and will always reply to any questions, Many Thanks Sarah x